I’m more than five years into homeschooling and haven’t found my perfect planner yet. I’m feeling very optimistic with my new planner for this year – the The Well-Planned Day family homeschool planner by The Well-Planned Gal. Let me walk you through my favorite parts!
1. I noticed straight away that there are tabs for each month, which will make flipping through it very easy.
2. I’m thrilled with the weekly two page spreads with room for daily planning for 4 students in 6+ subject areas, weekly to-dos, dinner menu, and weekend activities. One of my favorite ways to tackle the week is to plan out exactly these areas. Now, I’ll have one place to write them all & quickly see them all! Score.
3. The record pages are sure to help me keep better track of certain areas. For example, in Pennsylvania, we have to track how many days (or hours) we’ve homeschooled and must reach 180 days by the end of the year. The included attendance charts will be so helpful for tracking throughout and submitting these records at the end. Other record pages are report cards, subject lists, chore lists, and teacher and student schedules. I’m not sure yet if/how I would use the report cards (maybe when they’re older), but the others I think I’ll use right away.
4. The planner also offers special prompts, like including a student’s photo, documenting our family’s favorite read-aloud, special events, and ways God worked in our family this year. Things I won’t want to forget, but easily could as time passes. I’ve kept planners since my college years, because I find them a great memory jogger. I’m glad to see this one will fit that bill even more than a typical planner.
5. It’s beautiful! That matters, right? I think it helps. 🙂
The planner also includes monthly articles, daily Bible reading plans, monthly bill records, monthly book lists, field trip lists, lined notes pages, 2 page spreads for each month, and more! I honestly don’t see anything missing that I’m wishing was there. And I’m happy to say that the generous folks at The Well-Planned Gal are offering one for one of you to win! Enter below for a chance! Winner will be announced on August 31, 2017. UPDATE: Giveaway closed. Rachel Gerke, you are the winner! The Well-Planned Day customer service will be in touch via email.
If you have one or get one, tell me your favorite part! Happy Planning & Back to School!