I’ve been pinning and researching different educational applications for iPads or iPhones. I envision these apps being used as treats and brain breaks for 5-15 minute increments in our school days. Here are some of the best apps I’ve found and some are even applicable to our course of study this year!
1) Ansel & Clair’s Adventures in Africa, $4.99
2) Google Earth, free
3) Britannica Kids: Volcanoes, $0.99 (there are also Ancient Rome, Aztec, and
4) Virtual History Roma, $4.99
5) National Geography’s Weird but True, $1.99
6) BrainPop Featured Movie, free
7) Project Noah, free
8) Chalk Walk, $2.99
9) Left Right Pup, $2.99
10) PlayART, $3.99
11) Audobon Guides – Birds, Mammals, Trees & Wildflowers, $19.99
12) Sibley eGuide for Birds, $19.99
13) Peterson Guide – Birds, $14.99
I’d love to hear what you think! Do you use apps in your school day? Perhaps you already have some of these apps or could direct us to one of your favorites. If so, please share!